HINO SA intends enlarging its range of offerings in the popular 300-Series truck line-up to meet customer requirements and changing trends in the market. Among the major target markets for the range include bakeries, security companies and local municipalities, with the latter favouring cabs when teams are used for work projects.
“We have undertaken extensive research with our dealers and customers as well as detailed market trend analysis and the results have highlighted the need for more of these trucks with crew cab bodies and the option of automatic transmission,” explained Ernie Trautmann, the Vice President of Hino SA. “At present we only have the 815 model with both these specification items, but aim to improve that situation shortly.”
“Trucks fitted with the smooth-shifting, six-speed automatic transmission designed, developed and manufactured by Hino are finding increasing favour with operators as they are easy-to-drive thereby reducing driver fatigues, allow the driver to concentrate fully on the road and traffic situation and cut maintenance costs. This is the ideal solution for owner drivers of which there are a fair number in this market segment,” added Trautmann.
The latest Hino 300-Series range, introduced at the Johannesburg International Motor Show in 2013 is very well equipped as standard with features such as air conditioning, radio, electric windows, driver and passenger airbags, multi-function display and ABS brakes and this has increased the appeal of a truck range that has been a stalwart in the South African medium truck market since its introduction here in 1965, initially as the Toyota Dyna.
- Dachser South Africa perfects the art of picking and packing
- VWSA employees join hands for hunger relief
- Isuzu Supports Drought Relief in Makhanda
- Customer-centricity hits the tyre industry
- Thomsons Towing built on the back of Tata Trucks
- Truck drivers test new digital vehicle systems in mobile simulator
- WABCO Introduces New Fleet Solutions Business
- Your FREE Issue: Truck & Bus Magazine – June
- Hyva expands EDGE Line
- Peace-of-mind offer from FUSO