HINO SA intends enlarging its range of offerings in the popular 300-Series truck line-up to meet customer requirements and changing trends in the market. Among the major target markets for the range include bakeries, security companies and local municipalities, with the latter favouring cabs when teams are used for work projects.
“We have undertaken extensive research with our dealers and customers as well as detailed market trend analysis and the results have highlighted the need for more of these trucks with crew cab bodies and the option of automatic transmission,” explained Ernie Trautmann, the Vice President of Hino SA. “At present we only have the 815 model with both these specification items, but aim to improve that situation shortly.”
“Trucks fitted with the smooth-shifting, six-speed automatic transmission designed, developed and manufactured by Hino are finding increasing favour with operators as they are easy-to-drive thereby reducing driver fatigues, allow the driver to concentrate fully on the road and traffic situation and cut maintenance costs. This is the ideal solution for owner drivers of which there are a fair number in this market segment,” added Trautmann.
The latest Hino 300-Series range, introduced at the Johannesburg International Motor Show in 2013 is very well equipped as standard with features such as air conditioning, radio, electric windows, driver and passenger airbags, multi-function display and ABS brakes and this has increased the appeal of a truck range that has been a stalwart in the South African medium truck market since its introduction here in 1965, initially as the Toyota Dyna.
- THE UNIMOG U529 AGRICULTURAL IMPLEMENT CARRIER
- 121 Mercedes-Benz urban buses to modernise Brazilian bus fleet
- Truck & Bus Magazine – Our LandLines are Down
- Hydraulic and Automation Warehouse appoints Johannesburg Branch Manager
- CO2 targets ‘excessively aggressive’, say truck manufacturers
- HINO SETS NEW BENCHMARK
- Re-dressing illiteracy within rural areas
- SUNNY CONDITIONS CONTINUE IN COMMERCIAL VEHICLE SECTOR
- WABCO to Support Hyundai in New Medium-Duty Truck Launch in South Korea
- Serco full of good news for the new year