FAW recently held its annual conference for dealer sales and service representatives in Johannesburg.
Jianyu Hao, CEO, FAW Vehicle Manufacturers SA, says, “This was a great platform to share information on all aspects related to our FAW truck business in sub-Saharan Africa, while giving our sales and service partners a chance to share information, ask questions and make suggestions to improve our combined efforts for further entrenching the FAW truck brand in South Africa. Top performing FAW dealers were also given due recognition for their valiant efforts in 2016.”
FAW Eastern Cape, based in Port Elizabeth and headed by Andrew McNaughton, was awarded the top dealer in sales performance for the third successive year, while the top dealer award in customer satisfaction was won by FAW Harrismith, led by dealer principal Juan Wiggill. He attributes the dealership’s success to a focused and passionate team effort: “Everyone in our team contributes above and beyond the norm. They know their jobs and are dedicated to satisfying customers’ needs and helping customers with their challenges.”
Hao says, “One of the reasons for FAW’s growing presence in the African sub-continent is our focus on successful partnerships. These include our customers first and foremost, our sales and service representatives, and our suppliers.
“Our vision for this region, using South Africa as a base, is ensuring that the FAW brand becomes a truck brand of choice. In so doing, we hope to significantly contribute to job creation and the stimulation of the local and African economies.”
From left: Jianyu Hao (FAW CEO), Jean Wiggill (FAW Harrismith), Andrew McNaughton (FAW Eastern Cape) and Richard Leiter (FAW executive director)
- New Actros: Sideguard Assist and MirrorCam provide for greater safety
- Electrically retrofitted lorry for municipal waste management
- New Volvo FH with I-Save cuts fuel costs by up to 7%
- Trendsetting touring coaches: safety and innovative services
- Scania pioneers full length autonomous buses in Sweden
- Isuzu Supports Drought Relief in Makhanda
- Shedding Weight on Refrigerated Trailers
- SHELLY BEACH WINS HINO DOTY FOR SECOND YEAR
- 2018/2019 CILTSA Candidacy Programme for Women
- Bidvest Panalpina Logistics scoops prestigious PMR Diamond award