FAW recently held its annual conference for dealer sales and service representatives in Johannesburg.
Jianyu Hao, CEO, FAW Vehicle Manufacturers SA, says, “This was a great platform to share information on all aspects related to our FAW truck business in sub-Saharan Africa, while giving our sales and service partners a chance to share information, ask questions and make suggestions to improve our combined efforts for further entrenching the FAW truck brand in South Africa. Top performing FAW dealers were also given due recognition for their valiant efforts in 2016.”
FAW Eastern Cape, based in Port Elizabeth and headed by Andrew McNaughton, was awarded the top dealer in sales performance for the third successive year, while the top dealer award in customer satisfaction was won by FAW Harrismith, led by dealer principal Juan Wiggill. He attributes the dealership’s success to a focused and passionate team effort: “Everyone in our team contributes above and beyond the norm. They know their jobs and are dedicated to satisfying customers’ needs and helping customers with their challenges.”
Hao says, “One of the reasons for FAW’s growing presence in the African sub-continent is our focus on successful partnerships. These include our customers first and foremost, our sales and service representatives, and our suppliers.
“Our vision for this region, using South Africa as a base, is ensuring that the FAW brand becomes a truck brand of choice. In so doing, we hope to significantly contribute to job creation and the stimulation of the local and African economies.”
From left: Jianyu Hao (FAW CEO), Jean Wiggill (FAW Harrismith), Andrew McNaughton (FAW Eastern Cape) and Richard Leiter (FAW executive director)
- Bringing the automotive aftermarket & truck and bus sectors to southern Africa
- Improvements by the truckload result in record sales for DAF
- Pilot project: Daimler Trucks is teaching trucks how to pay
- Wirtgen scores in Mexico
- Isuzu now has its first 100% black-owned dealership in South Africa
- Isuzu employees celebrate Women’s Day with Annah Watkinson
- Alexander Dennis Enviro400ER gives Electric Range with new hybrid option
- Daewoo trucks meet Gay Transport values
- Innovation keeps Serco on a roll!
- Dachser in Africa