A RELATIONSHIPbetween Air Products South Africa and Mercedes-Benz Trucks, which began two years ago, was further strengthened on 15 July 2015 at a ‘promise charter’ signing event in East London between the two companies.
Impressed by Mercedes-Benz’s customer-focused service as well as cab design, comfort and fuel-efficiency, Air Products placed its first order of sixteen new Mercedes-Benz Actros 2644’s for the Bulk Gas division. The company has subsequently purchased four more Actros for its Packaged Gas division, and a further four for its Bulk division.
“Brendan Ekermans at Mercedes-Benz Commercial Vehicles East Rand has been a pleasure to deal with and is an asset to the company,” comments Seelan Gounden, General Manager of Supply Chain at Air Products South Africa.
“Brendan and his team showed us nothing but focused, friendly service,” Gounden adds.
“Efficiency, safety and unrivalled service are what Mercedes-Benz Trucks promises to deliver to Air Products, as they are one of our most valued customers. As testament to this commitment, as summed up in our corporate tagline, we produce ‘trucks you can trust’, says Clinton Savage, Divisional Manager: Mercedes-Benz Trucks.
“In our 46th year of market leadership in this country, we are very excited to be collaborating with a like-minded partner such as Mercedes-Benz; and we look forward to a long and fruitful association with them.
In our quest to ‘deliver the difference’ to our customers around the country, our fleet of Mercedes-Benz trucks, backed by excellent service and support, will play a crucial role going forward,” concludes Gounden.
- New Actros: Sideguard Assist and MirrorCam provide for greater safety
- Electrically retrofitted lorry for municipal waste management
- New Volvo FH with I-Save cuts fuel costs by up to 7%
- Trendsetting touring coaches: safety and innovative services
- Scania pioneers full length autonomous buses in Sweden
- Isuzu Supports Drought Relief in Makhanda
- Shedding Weight on Refrigerated Trailers
- SHELLY BEACH WINS HINO DOTY FOR SECOND YEAR
- 2018/2019 CILTSA Candidacy Programme for Women
- Bidvest Panalpina Logistics scoops prestigious PMR Diamond award