The Robinson Shutter, an aluminium side roll up door, has recently been introduced by Serco for local dry freight customers.
Unlike barn doors which require an unobstructed swing clearance to open and close, the ‘roll up door’ can be easily accessed from the side which offers an improved access to load vehicles. The shutters bail up above the door aperture eliminating the need for internal roof mounted rails required by traditional ‘roll over’ doors which are sometimes used.
The slim aluminium extruded profile makes the Robinson Shutter a lightweight, rattle-free option which is simple to use and available with a variety of durable locking options.
The door is easy to operate, offering customers improved access to the load.
Bakers SA have opted for the side mounted roll up doors on seven new vehicle bodies recently manufactured by Serco.
- Kanu gets colourful on Mandela Day
- The N3 hell run is emblematic of a culture and policing failure
- Dachser South Africa perfects the art of picking and packing
- Customer-centricity hits the tyre industry
- WABCO Introduces New Fleet Solutions Business
- Hyva expands EDGE Line
- Bridgestone Group Releases Sustainability Report