Scania has launched the XT truck range, tailor-made for the construction industry. “This industry is facing increasing demands for sustainable and cost-effective production. Each component in the complex construction logistics process must adapt to higher standards for efficiency and Scania XT is our contribution to this shift,” says president and CEO Henrik Henriksson.
The new construction range is the second stage in Scania’s introduction of new generation trucks, the fruits of more than 10 years’ development with an investment exceeding €2 billion.
Following an extensive analysis of the multi-faceted construction industry, Scania has developed a comprehensive range to meet the highly diverse transport assignments within the sector.
Scania XT is offered for the entire range of cab and engine specifications, from the smallest P-series cab to the spacious S-series cab. Customers can select engines with power outputs ranging from 280 to 730 hp. The broad specifications are complemented by a host of services to ensure the highest uptime, reliability and profitability for customers.
The introduction of the XT range by Scania marks the start of a targeted offensive with tailor-made solutions focused on demanding customers in Europe. “We are putting a higher emphasis on construction,” states Henriksson. “We now have the right products, the right services and the right skills to match Scania’s leading position in long-distance vehicles.”
Transporters in the construction industry normally form part of a larger process and crucially must avoid disruptions. Scania has therefore – in addition to tough and durable vehicles – created a suite of services that ensure uninterrupted deliveries while improving customers’ profitability.
“The global construction industry continues to grow and Scania now presents enhanced tools to meet the demand,” says Henriksson. “We are well aware of the slim margins for many hauliers in this business and we have developed vehicles and solutions to ensure sustained profitability.”
- Year-End Truck, Trailer and Yellow Metal Auction Announced
- CILTSA Launches Fully-funded Professional Training Programme for Women in Transport and Logistics
- dti introduces the Strategic Partnership Programme at Coega
- SOUTH AFRICAN WINS INTERNATIONAL TRUCK DRIVER COMPETITION
- Tata Motors Global Service Camp to cover over 25,000 customers in over 40 countries
- Daimler Trucks & Buses Southern Africa unveils world-class SelecTrucks Zimbabwe
- DAF Opens State of the Art New Cab Paint Facility in Westerlo
- WABCO Showcases Differentiating Safety and Efficiency Technologies at Agritechnica 2017
- Mercedes-Benz do Brasil exports more than 300 buses to Ecuador
- Coega a Pioneer in the Black Industrialist Programme