Scania has launched the XT truck range, tailor-made for the construction industry. “This industry is facing increasing demands for sustainable and cost-effective production. Each component in the complex construction logistics process must adapt to higher standards for efficiency and Scania XT is our contribution to this shift,” says president and CEO Henrik Henriksson.
The new construction range is the second stage in Scania’s introduction of new generation trucks, the fruits of more than 10 years’ development with an investment exceeding €2 billion.
Following an extensive analysis of the multi-faceted construction industry, Scania has developed a comprehensive range to meet the highly diverse transport assignments within the sector.
Scania XT is offered for the entire range of cab and engine specifications, from the smallest P-series cab to the spacious S-series cab. Customers can select engines with power outputs ranging from 280 to 730 hp. The broad specifications are complemented by a host of services to ensure the highest uptime, reliability and profitability for customers.
The introduction of the XT range by Scania marks the start of a targeted offensive with tailor-made solutions focused on demanding customers in Europe. “We are putting a higher emphasis on construction,” states Henriksson. “We now have the right products, the right services and the right skills to match Scania’s leading position in long-distance vehicles.”
Transporters in the construction industry normally form part of a larger process and crucially must avoid disruptions. Scania has therefore – in addition to tough and durable vehicles – created a suite of services that ensure uninterrupted deliveries while improving customers’ profitability.
“The global construction industry continues to grow and Scania now presents enhanced tools to meet the demand,” says Henriksson. “We are well aware of the slim margins for many hauliers in this business and we have developed vehicles and solutions to ensure sustained profitability.”
- One million world engines for Daimler Trucks
- HINO REWARDS SA DEALER STAFF WITH EDUCATIONAL VISIT TO JAPAN
- IVECO BUS wins Public Transport Innovation Award
- Frost & Sullivan names TomTom Telematics as ‘Fleet Telematics Company of the Year’
- The Volvo FH 25 Year Special Edition — a tribute to an icon
- Iveco SA hosts African Mayors
- Mercedes-Benz Trucks to invest about €50m in expansion of Development and Test Centre
- Knorr-Bremse TruckServices at the FIA European Truck Race
- BRISTOL BUYS 21 SCANIA BIOGAS BUSES
- DAF named International Truck of the Year 2018