THE ROAD Traffic Management Corporation (RTMC) is finalising its investigations into the fatal crash that involved the Deputy Mayor of UThungulu District Municipality, Thulani Mashaba.
In a statement on Sunday, RTMC CEO Advocate Makhosini Msibi said he had received a preliminary report into the crash.
“A final report will be finalised this week and handed to the Minister of Transport Dipuo Peters,” said Msibi.
The Deputy mayor died when his car rolled on the N2 highway near Ballito, in KwaZulu-Natal, more than a week ago.
The crash was classified as a major crash necessitating the involving of the RTMC into its investigation.
A crash has to meet several criteria for it to be classified as major. There has to be five or more persons killed or there has to be four or more vehicles involved or there has to be a vehicle carrying hazardous substance or it has to involve a high profile individual.
- Bringing the automotive aftermarket & truck and bus sectors to southern Africa
- Improvements by the truckload result in record sales for DAF
- Pilot project: Daimler Trucks is teaching trucks how to pay
- Wirtgen scores in Mexico
- Isuzu now has its first 100% black-owned dealership in South Africa
- Isuzu employees celebrate Women’s Day with Annah Watkinson
- Alexander Dennis Enviro400ER gives Electric Range with new hybrid option
- Daewoo trucks meet Gay Transport values
- Innovation keeps Serco on a roll!
- Dachser in Africa