THE ROAD Traffic Management Corporation (RTMC) is finalising its investigations into the fatal crash that involved the Deputy Mayor of UThungulu District Municipality, Thulani Mashaba.
In a statement on Sunday, RTMC CEO Advocate Makhosini Msibi said he had received a preliminary report into the crash.
“A final report will be finalised this week and handed to the Minister of Transport Dipuo Peters,” said Msibi.
The Deputy mayor died when his car rolled on the N2 highway near Ballito, in KwaZulu-Natal, more than a week ago.
The crash was classified as a major crash necessitating the involving of the RTMC into its investigation.
A crash has to meet several criteria for it to be classified as major. There has to be five or more persons killed or there has to be four or more vehicles involved or there has to be a vehicle carrying hazardous substance or it has to involve a high profile individual.
- Ctrack launches ultra compact tracking devices
- Team PETRONAS De Rooy IVECO wins Stage 6 of Dakar Rally 2019
- Airbus transport with a Mercedes-Benz Actros 4163 SLT
- HINO AUTOMATICS IMPRESS BEVERAGE FLEET OPERATOR
- IVECO trucks cross Brazil to bring festive joy
- Sumitomo Rubber South Africa clinches four Awards
- Where are they now? Can you help?
- Scale matters to competitive advantage