THE ROAD Traffic Management Corporation (RTMC) is finalising its investigations into the fatal crash that involved the Deputy Mayor of UThungulu District Municipality, Thulani Mashaba.
In a statement on Sunday, RTMC CEO Advocate Makhosini Msibi said he had received a preliminary report into the crash.
“A final report will be finalised this week and handed to the Minister of Transport Dipuo Peters,” said Msibi.
The Deputy mayor died when his car rolled on the N2 highway near Ballito, in KwaZulu-Natal, more than a week ago.
The crash was classified as a major crash necessitating the involving of the RTMC into its investigation.
A crash has to meet several criteria for it to be classified as major. There has to be five or more persons killed or there has to be four or more vehicles involved or there has to be a vehicle carrying hazardous substance or it has to involve a high profile individual.
- New Actros: Sideguard Assist and MirrorCam provide for greater safety
- Electrically retrofitted lorry for municipal waste management
- New Volvo FH with I-Save cuts fuel costs by up to 7%
- Trendsetting touring coaches: safety and innovative services
- Scania pioneers full length autonomous buses in Sweden
- Isuzu Supports Drought Relief in Makhanda
- Shedding Weight on Refrigerated Trailers
- SHELLY BEACH WINS HINO DOTY FOR SECOND YEAR
- 2018/2019 CILTSA Candidacy Programme for Women
- Bidvest Panalpina Logistics scoops prestigious PMR Diamond award