THE Gauteng Department of Roads and Transport says motorists should expect delays on the east and west bound carriages of road P158/2 (N14), between Diepsloot and the intersection with Hendrik Potgieter Road.
“The delays will be caused by rehabilitation works to this section of road over a period of 18 months, where vehicles will be accommodated past work sections in one lane in each direction,” the department said.
According to the department, the project involves the reconstruction of the base in slow and fast lanes, construction of new concrete lined side drains, the application of new road markings, construction of new bridge parapets and the reinstatement of fences and guardrails were required.
“The design life of the rehabilitated Road P158/2 (N14) will be 15 years, the project is expected to provide employment, skills development opportunities and provide training and economic empowerment to Black Economic Empowerment (BEE) and Small, Medium and Micro Enterprises (SMME),” the department said.
The department has appealed for patience to all road users and apologised for the inconvenience caused.
Source – SAnews.gov.za
- Customer-centricity hits the tyre industry
- Thomsons Towing built on the back of Tata Trucks
- Truck drivers test new digital vehicle systems in mobile simulator
- WABCO Introduces New Fleet Solutions Business
- Your FREE Issue: Truck & Bus Magazine – June
- Hyva expands EDGE Line
- Peace-of-mind offer from FUSO
- Bridgestone Group Releases Sustainability Report
- FAW builds solid foundation with the DSD Group
- NADA pleads to the South African Reserve Bank