REFLECTING its reputation as an industry leader in the distribution of time and temperature sensitive foods, Imperial Fast ‘n Fresh has secured a new contract to distribute Nulaid eggs.
Imperial, Fast ‘n Fresh won the three year contract for Nulaid’s Gauteng secondary distribution services on open tender. The R20 million contract will see the operation transporting some 12 million eggs annually for Nulaid, which is the egg layer division of new client Quantum Foods, reveals Imperial Logistics chief business development officer Cobus Rossouw.
Imperial has invested in a brand new fleet that has been customised for the distribution of eggs and features striking Nulaid branding. This dedicated fleet will operate out of Nulaid’s Lanseria production facility, distributing to all of the business’s Gauteng customers.
In addition to the 20 new vehicles, which have ventilated and insulated bodies, Imperial has invested in customised handling and load securing equipment. “Ensuring that the load is secure is critical when transporting a delicate cargo like eggs, which are very challenging to handle in bulk,” Rossouw explains.
He notes that a contributing factor to this contract win was the complete solution that Fast ‘n Fresh provided in partnership with Imperial’s services and technology solutions business Resolve. “Our compelling Imperial solution includes execution and planning, through our partner Resolve. This total solution, combined with our food distribution track record, means that our client can have complete peace of mind.”
Nulaid is the largest egg producer in South Africa and the only national producer. “Imperial is committed to ensuring that Nulaid’s marketing promise of ‘the fresher the better’ is achieved,” Rossouw stresses.
- Trendsetting touring coaches: safety and innovative services
- Scania pioneers full length autonomous buses in Sweden
- Isuzu Supports Drought Relief in Makhanda
- Shedding Weight on Refrigerated Trailers
- SHELLY BEACH WINS HINO DOTY FOR SECOND YEAR
- 2018/2019 CILTSA Candidacy Programme for Women
- Bidvest Panalpina Logistics scoops prestigious PMR Diamond award
- BPW running gear computer with integrated weighing system
- Truck & Bus Magazine – Your February Issue
- Engen celebrates women truck drivers