UD Trucks announced the establishment of a new dealership in Harrismith, Free State. The dealership, which will officially open its doors on 4 September, is strategically located inside the Highway Junction truck stop right of the busy N3 highway, and will offer UD fleet owners convenient sales, service and maintenance support.
The dealership forms part of the Morgan Group, which also owns the UD Trucks dealership in Welkom.
“Our partnership with UD Trucks spans over 12 years and during this time, we have come to appreciate everything the brand stands for and aspires to,” said Dicky Roux, dealer principal of UD Trucks Harrismith. “UD Trucks truly know South African customers and local operating conditions, and therefore offer exceptionally built, quality and durable products. We are happy to continue our investment in the UD Trucks brand.”
Gert Swanepoel, managing director of UD Trucks Southern Africa, said that the company is pleased to continue their partnership with the Morgan Group in Harrismith.
“With the N3 being the main corridor between Gauteng and the Durban port, Harrismith is crucial to our objective of being there for our customers wherever they operate,” said Swanepoel. “We have every confidence in the ability of the Morgan Group and their Harrismith team to go the extra mile for UD fleet owners, and to provide them with a level of service that surpass expectations.”
Apart from scheduled maintenance and after-hours servicing (by appointment), the Harrismith dealership is also able to assist in case of an emergency breakdown in the area – a crucial service to get fleet owners’ assets back on the road as soon as possible. There are also sleeping facilities available for drivers’ convenience as their trucks are being serviced. The Highway Junction truck stop also offers an onsite clinic, restaurants and even a laundromat.
The dealership keeps a full parts department with daily deliveries directly from UD Trucks Southern Africa.
This service dealership also boasts UD Trucks-accredited technicians and apprentices, as well as a parts manager, general manager and several other support staff.
“We value our investment in the UD Trucks brand, thus all our staff are fully qualified for their respective positions. As an ever-expanding company, we also offer additional skills development opportunities to our staff to provide our customers with the best possible service,” said Roux. “This goes a long way in building quality partnerships with our customers and ensuring that we meet their trucking needs into the future.”
UD Trucks currently has 36 dealers in South Africa.
UD Trucks announced the establishment of a new dealership in Harrismith: Morgan Group director Hugh Morgan (left) with UD Trucks MD Gert Swanepoel
- Year-End Truck, Trailer and Yellow Metal Auction Announced
- CILTSA Launches Fully-funded Professional Training Programme for Women in Transport and Logistics
- dti introduces the Strategic Partnership Programme at Coega
- SOUTH AFRICAN WINS INTERNATIONAL TRUCK DRIVER COMPETITION
- Tata Motors Global Service Camp to cover over 25,000 customers in over 40 countries
- Daimler Trucks & Buses Southern Africa unveils world-class SelecTrucks Zimbabwe
- DAF Opens State of the Art New Cab Paint Facility in Westerlo
- WABCO Showcases Differentiating Safety and Efficiency Technologies at Agritechnica 2017
- Mercedes-Benz do Brasil exports more than 300 buses to Ecuador
- Coega a Pioneer in the Black Industrialist Programme