GOVERNMENT will in the New Year introduce a new qualification for traffic officers which will be equivalent to a national diploma.
“We want our officers to be skilled in all competencies of traffic law enforcement and we will be reorganising our training colleges to offer specialised training to equip our officials with all the skills required from an officer in the 21st century,” Acting Transport Minister Ngoaka Ramatlhodi said.
He was speaking on Thursday in Pretoria during a national wreath laying ceremony held in remembrance of all traffic and metro officers who died in the line of duty this year.
- Bringing the automotive aftermarket & truck and bus sectors to southern Africa
- Improvements by the truckload result in record sales for DAF
- Pilot project: Daimler Trucks is teaching trucks how to pay
- Wirtgen scores in Mexico
- Isuzu now has its first 100% black-owned dealership in South Africa
- Isuzu employees celebrate Women’s Day with Annah Watkinson
- Alexander Dennis Enviro400ER gives Electric Range with new hybrid option
- Daewoo trucks meet Gay Transport values
- Innovation keeps Serco on a roll!
- Dachser in Africa