Martin Daum has been appointed as the Member of the Board of Management with responsibility for the Daimler Trucks and Daimler Buses divisions effective as of March 1, succeeding Wolfgang Bernhard, who is leaving ‘of his own volition and for personal reasons’.
Manfred Bischoff, chairman of the Supervisory Board of Daimler AG, says, “He looks back on 20 years of experience in the industry and knows the cyclical commercial vehicle business from all perspectives. We are convinced that he will successfully meet the upcoming challenges in the next years, continue along the successful path of Daimler Trucks & Buses and further strengthen their worldwide leading positions.”
Daimler’s CV business in the USA and NAFTA region (USA, Canada, Mexico) is reported to have developed successfully under Daum’s leadership and is ‘of key importance to the Daimler Group’.
Since June 2009, Daum has been president and CEO of Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) and affiliates Freightliner Trucks, Western Star Trucks, Thomas Built Buses, Freightliner Custom Chassis Corporation and Detroit Diesel Corporation.
Previoulsy he was a member of the management of Mercedes-Benz Trucks in Europe as VP of production for Mercedes-Benz Trucks and, at the same time, was responsible for the Mercedes-Benz plant in Wörth.
Daum started his career in the trainee executive group of the Daimler-Benz AG in 1987.
- Team De Rooy & Goodyear truck tyres take Dakar Glory
- TATA ON THE UP
- WABCO Signs Global Long-Term Agreement with Daimler
- Team PETRONAS De Rooy IVECO win Stage 7 of Dakar
- Ctrack launches ultra compact tracking devices
- Team PETRONAS De Rooy IVECO wins Stage 6 of Dakar Rally 2019
- Airbus transport with a Mercedes-Benz Actros 4163 SLT
- HINO AUTOMATICS IMPRESS BEVERAGE FLEET OPERATOR
- IVECO trucks cross Brazil to bring festive joy
- Sumitomo Rubber South Africa clinches four Awards