On 1 December, Mercedes-Benz South Africa (MBSA) will welcome Jasper Hafkamp as its executive director for the Regional Centre Southern Africa (RCSA). He will be responsible for Daimler Trucks & Buses (DT&B) in southern Africa.
Outgoing executive director for DT&B (and the vice chairman of the Heavy Commercial Vehicle Division and Bus Forum for the National Association of Automobile Manufacturers of South Africa), Kobus van Zyl has been appointed as GM of National Automotive Industries in Saudi Arabia, a joint venture between Mercedes-Benz Trucks and E.A. Juffali & Brothers. His appointment is effective from 1 October and to ensure a smooth transition, he will be available for a handover period.
The Juffali Group is the Mercedes-Benz appointed general distributor in Saudi Arabia and Van Zyl will be responsible for Mercedes-Benz trucks, vans, buses and special trucks as well as Western Star and Freightliner trucks.
Hafkamp joined Mercedes-Benz Nederland BV in 1995 after completing his studies in business engineering. He started within the commercial vehicle department, where he held various positions within marketing and product management for Mercedes-Benz vans and trucks.
In 2008, Hafkamp became responsible for Mercedes-Benz truck sales in The Netherlands and then progressed MD: Mercedes-Benz Trucks, growing market share from 10% in 2010 to 17%. Growth was based on a structured conquest programme, total cost of ownership approach and further professionalising the dealer network. He also integrated Fuso truck sales within the Mercedes-Benz Trucks organisation.
Van Zyl joined Daimler in April 1999, having worked as a portfolio manager and financial analyst for various companies. He joined the Financial Services operation, moved to sales and marketing and lead the commercial vehicle operation from a sales and marketing perspective since 2008.
- Truck & Bus Magazine – Our LandLines are Down
- Hydraulic and Automation Warehouse appoints Johannesburg Branch Manager
- CO2 targets ‘excessively aggressive’, say truck manufacturers
- HINO SETS NEW BENCHMARK
- Re-dressing illiteracy within rural areas
- SUNNY CONDITIONS CONTINUE IN COMMERCIAL VEHICLE SECTOR
- WABCO to Support Hyundai in New Medium-Duty Truck Launch in South Korea
- Serco full of good news for the new year
- Dangote Sinotruk expands Nigerian Operation
- LOCAL UD TRUCK DRIVERS PERFORM WELL IN JAPAN