Mercedes-Benz South Africa (MBSA) has appointed Ziyad Gaba as the head of Fuso Southern Africa, effective 1 July. He succeeds Naeem Hassim, who becomes head of Daimler’s Regional Centre for Commercial Vehicles in Central Africa.
Gaba holds an honours degree from the University of the Witwatersrand, as well as a certificate in Road Transport Management. He started his career as a graduate trainee in 2004 at MBSA and was appointed as a key accounts manager by a components manufacturer in 2005. The following year he returned to MBSA, where he served as regional sales manager for Mercedes-Benz commercial vehicles, including vans, trucks and buses.
In 2009, he filled the role of marketing and communications specialist for MBSA’s commercial vehicles, followed by a stint with another motor manufacturer as a product manager, commercial vehicles.
In 2012, he returned to MBSA as national sales manager for Mercedes-Benz Vans. In 2014 he accepted the position of national sales manager for Fuso Trucks and Parts Sales, where he proved his mettle, leading up to the position of head of Fuso Southern Africa.
With more than 13 years of experience in the commercial vehicle industry, MBSA says Gaba has mastered skills and responsibilities such as sales, marketing, planning, performance management, implementing strategies and budget allocation.
Jasper Hafkamp, executive director of Daimler Trucks & Buses (DT&B) Southern Africa, says, “Ziyad’s impressive track record speaks for itself, but it his attitude and work ethic that made him the perfect candidate for the role. Our ambition with Fuso Trucks is to continue to grow the brand in southern Africa, and there is no one better suited to take on this task.
“Naeem Hassim leaving MBSA is a great loss, particularly for DT&B Southern Africa, but I am convinced he will thrive as he takes up the position of head of Daimler’s Regional Centre for Commercial Vehicles in Central Africa.”
- New Volvo FH with I-Save cuts fuel costs by up to 7%
- Trendsetting touring coaches: safety and innovative services
- Scania pioneers full length autonomous buses in Sweden
- Isuzu Supports Drought Relief in Makhanda
- Shedding Weight on Refrigerated Trailers
- SHELLY BEACH WINS HINO DOTY FOR SECOND YEAR
- 2018/2019 CILTSA Candidacy Programme for Women
- Bidvest Panalpina Logistics scoops prestigious PMR Diamond award
- BPW running gear computer with integrated weighing system
- Truck & Bus Magazine – Your February Issue