Daimler Trucks & Buses (comprising Mercedes-Benz Trucks, Freightliner, Fuso Trucks and Buses, Mercedes-Benz Bus & Coach and Western Star) and Mercedes-Benz Vans – both subsidiaries of Mercedes-Benz South Africa (MBSA) – recognised and rewarded top performing commercial vehicles dealers for 2015 at a Dealer of the Year gala event held recently in Dubai. The highly contested awards were based on excellence in various fields.
According to the company, the awards confirm the dominance of Daimler Trucks & Buses (DT&B) and Mercedes-Benz Vans in 2015, with DT&B selling more than 5 300 units to remain market leader. Mercedes-Benz Vans increased its market share by 1,3 percentage points for the large van market and 3,8 percentage points for the mid-size market.
Mercedes-Benz Commercial Vehicles Cape Town walked away with the Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Chairman’s Award for Best Overall Performance, Daimler Trucks & Buses and Mercedes-Benz Vans accolades. The dealer also bagged the Dealer of the Year: Chairman’s Award for Best Overall Performance Daimler Trucks & Buses.
Kobus van Zyl, executive director: Daimler Trucks & Buses Southern Africa, says, “It is no small feat for our dealers to be rated the very best among their peers. We measure dealers’ performance in terms of both the soft and hard deliverables which include customer satisfaction, customer relationship management, new vehicles, after sales and target performance.
“All these key performance indicators are tracked and shared with the dealers for the first three quarters of the year, but we create an element of surprise in the last quarter, so that we can reveal the winners in a spectacular manner.
“We are thrilled to commend our dealers as they have taken to heart just how important not only our customers are, but all stakeholders. They continue to elevate customer satisfaction, are always looking for innovative ways to increase sales, and they are willing to take overall excellence to new heights.”
Nicolette Lambrechts, VP of Mercedes-Benz Vans Southern Africa, presented Garden City Commercial Vehicles with the Dealer of the Year: Chairman’s Award for Best Overall Performance, Mercedes-Benz Vans.
“I can only heap praises on the Garden City Commercial Vehicles team, as their collective efforts resulted in them being acknowledged tonight. They have consistently met their targets and, in addition, I am proud of how they did this. They had a stellar attitude that all of us can learn from. Even when they were faced with difficulties, they came out on top.
“It is very easy to notice that the entire Garden City team played a part in this achievement: from the sales staff to the workshop and the administration team, they did so well in 2015 that I wish I was one of their customers.”
Mercedes-Benz Commercial Vehicles Cape Town was singled out for its top-down approach, where the entire team was involved – from senior leadership to the technician on standby, the dealership consistently ensured that customer needs were fully met. They were also commended for proactively finding opportunities to add value to their customers.
Other winners included:
- Best Sales Performance Mercedes-Benz Trucks: De Wit Motors
- Best Sales Performance Mercedes-Benz Buses: Mercedes-Benz Commercial Vehicles Gauteng North and West
- Best Sales Performance Freightliner: John Williams Motors
- Best Sales Performance Fuso: John Williams Motors
- Most Improved Dealer Mercedes-Benz Vans: McCarthy Kunene Commercial Vehicles
- Most Improved Dealer Daimler Trucks & Buses: Union Motors South Coast
- Top Brand Performance Vans Large Volume: Garden City Commercial Vehicles
- Top Brand Performance Vans Medium Volume: Union Motors South Coast
- Top Brand Performance Mercedes-Benz Trucks Large Volume: Mercedes-Benz Commercial Vehicles Cape Town
- Top Brand Performance Mercedes-Benz Trucks Medium Volume: Mercurius Motors
- Top Brand Performance Mercedes-Benz Buses Overall: Mercedes-Benz Commercial Vehicles Gauteng North & West
- Top Brand Performance Freightliner Large Volume: John Williams Motors
- Top Brand Performance Freightliner Medium Volume: Union Motors South Coast
- Top Brand Performance Fuso Large Volume: Sandown Commercial Vehicles Bellville
- Top Brand Performance Fuso Medium Volume: Union Motors South Coast
- Truck & Bus Magazine – Our LandLines are Down
- Hydraulic and Automation Warehouse appoints Johannesburg Branch Manager
- CO2 targets ‘excessively aggressive’, say truck manufacturers
- HINO SETS NEW BENCHMARK
- Re-dressing illiteracy within rural areas
- SUNNY CONDITIONS CONTINUE IN COMMERCIAL VEHICLE SECTOR
- WABCO to Support Hyundai in New Medium-Duty Truck Launch in South Korea
- Serco full of good news for the new year
- Dangote Sinotruk expands Nigerian Operation
- LOCAL UD TRUCK DRIVERS PERFORM WELL IN JAPAN