Mercedes-Benz South Africa (MBSA) has appointed Nadia Trimmel as the Vice-President of Mercedes-Benz Vans Southern Africa, effective 1 January 2017. She succeeds Nicolette Lambrechts, who will be assuming responsibility for Mercedes-Benz Vans in Canada.
Trimmel holds a Bachelor of Commerce in Marketing and Economics from the University of the Witwatersrand. She started her career in the motor industry as a Marketing/Sales Trainee in 2000 at another automotive manufacturer. She was soon promoted to District Sales Manager.
She went on to fill the roles of Sales Strategy and Campaign Manager, Product Manager, Regional Manager, Chief Marketing Manager for light commercial vehicles and Senior Manager Aftersales Marketing and Strategy with another automotive manufacturer.
In 2014, Trimmel joined Mercedes-Benz South Africa (MBSA) as the National Sales Manager (Vehicles Sales and Aftersales).
Her key responsibilities included, among others, the development and implementation of an effective van sales and aftersales strategy for the brand. This included spearheading a number of key strategic initiatives, as well as the management of key dealer performance areas to ensure targets were met in terms of sales performance, financial performance, the drive of the sales and aftersales fleet business, forecasting and sales planning.
She also played a value-adding role as a strategic partner to the dealer network across all aspects – marketing, sales and aftersales – and has built and maintained strong dealer and customer alliances through regular communication and engagement.
- Bringing the automotive aftermarket & truck and bus sectors to southern Africa
- Improvements by the truckload result in record sales for DAF
- Pilot project: Daimler Trucks is teaching trucks how to pay
- Wirtgen scores in Mexico
- Isuzu now has its first 100% black-owned dealership in South Africa
- Isuzu employees celebrate Women’s Day with Annah Watkinson
- Alexander Dennis Enviro400ER gives Electric Range with new hybrid option
- Daewoo trucks meet Gay Transport values
- Innovation keeps Serco on a roll!
- Dachser in Africa