AFTER MORE than 10 years with MAN, Geoff du Plessis, current Managing Director and Chairman of MAN Truck & Bus South Africa, is moving onto the next chapter in his life. Du Plessis will be leaving the organisation with effect from 31 December 2015. Du Plessis has been with MAN since April 2005, having now been in the industry for more than 31 years.
He has held various positions in the local and International organisation at MAN. Du Plessis is well known for putting successful teams together and has built up a formidable management team over the last two years in South Africa. He has also ensured that the current team has the competency and experience to drive the organisation into the future, and that the baton is effectively passed onto his successor.
His successor will be announced in due course; however there is full commitment and support for a smooth transition for the business, and thereby maintaining the customer focus of the organisation.
The management team at MAN Truck & Bus SA is made up of energetic, knowledgeable and committed local and international leaders, auguring well for the company into the future.
After his successful stint at the helm, Du Plessis will be pursuing private interests, and the company thanks him for his tremendous leadership, and wish him and his family all the best in the adventures ahead.
- Bringing the automotive aftermarket & truck and bus sectors to southern Africa
- Improvements by the truckload result in record sales for DAF
- Pilot project: Daimler Trucks is teaching trucks how to pay
- Wirtgen scores in Mexico
- Isuzu now has its first 100% black-owned dealership in South Africa
- Isuzu employees celebrate Women’s Day with Annah Watkinson
- Alexander Dennis Enviro400ER gives Electric Range with new hybrid option
- Daewoo trucks meet Gay Transport values
- Innovation keeps Serco on a roll!
- Dachser in Africa