AFTER MORE than 10 years with MAN, Geoff du Plessis, current Managing Director and Chairman of MAN Truck & Bus South Africa, is moving onto the next chapter in his life. Du Plessis will be leaving the organisation with effect from 31 December 2015. Du Plessis has been with MAN since April 2005, having now been in the industry for more than 31 years.
He has held various positions in the local and International organisation at MAN. Du Plessis is well known for putting successful teams together and has built up a formidable management team over the last two years in South Africa. He has also ensured that the current team has the competency and experience to drive the organisation into the future, and that the baton is effectively passed onto his successor.
His successor will be announced in due course; however there is full commitment and support for a smooth transition for the business, and thereby maintaining the customer focus of the organisation.
The management team at MAN Truck & Bus SA is made up of energetic, knowledgeable and committed local and international leaders, auguring well for the company into the future.
After his successful stint at the helm, Du Plessis will be pursuing private interests, and the company thanks him for his tremendous leadership, and wish him and his family all the best in the adventures ahead.
- New Actros: Sideguard Assist and MirrorCam provide for greater safety
- Electrically retrofitted lorry for municipal waste management
- New Volvo FH with I-Save cuts fuel costs by up to 7%
- Trendsetting touring coaches: safety and innovative services
- Scania pioneers full length autonomous buses in Sweden
- Isuzu Supports Drought Relief in Makhanda
- Shedding Weight on Refrigerated Trailers
- SHELLY BEACH WINS HINO DOTY FOR SECOND YEAR
- 2018/2019 CILTSA Candidacy Programme for Women
- Bidvest Panalpina Logistics scoops prestigious PMR Diamond award