The first production MAN TGE has rolled off the line at the newly constructed plant in Wrzesnia, Poland. The launch of the TGE marks the first time MAN Truck & Bus has marketed a light commercial vehicle, and represents a response to demand from many long-standing customers in the logistics, courier and parcel service, after-sales and trades sectors.
Reasons for increasing use of large vans include the expansion of online shopping, harmonised driving licence regulations, the wide-ranging versatility of the vehicles and their car-like handling and performance. Increasing urbanisation in particular is driving demand for a broad range from 3 tonnes gross vehicle weight rating upwards.
Jens Ocksen, CEO of Volkswagen Poznan, says, “Our recently established plant in Wrzesnia is setting new quality standards. The vehicles undergo a wide range of quality checks. The dimensional stability of the body shell itself is repeatedly checked during the assembly process by automated lasers and digital cameras on multiple geometric stations. I am therefore delighted to be supplying the MAN brand with a model of such high value added as this first TGE.”
Dennis Affeld, senior VP Sales Van at MAN Truck & Bus, says, “We are looking forward to combining the high-quality production standards of the TGE with MAN’s professional sales and service network. We have no doubt our customers will love it. We plan to sell about 20 000 vehicles a year.”
The vehicle with VIN number 1 is a silver van with a short wheelbase and high roof. The high-roof MAN TGE is around six metres long with a load capacity of 10,7 cubic metres. The van – in weight rating variants up to 3,5 tonnes – is powered by a 1 968 cm3 capacity diesel engine developing 103 kW/140 hp. There is already one site where the vehicle will be in use: the MAN plant in Munich.
- Trendsetting touring coaches: safety and innovative services
- Scania pioneers full length autonomous buses in Sweden
- Isuzu Supports Drought Relief in Makhanda
- Shedding Weight on Refrigerated Trailers
- SHELLY BEACH WINS HINO DOTY FOR SECOND YEAR
- 2018/2019 CILTSA Candidacy Programme for Women
- Bidvest Panalpina Logistics scoops prestigious PMR Diamond award
- BPW running gear computer with integrated weighing system
- Truck & Bus Magazine – Your February Issue
- Engen celebrates women truck drivers