Friedrichsdorf-based Ludwig Meyer GmbH & Co – a long-standing partner of Iveco, with a long history of demonstrating innovation in the field of CNG and electric vehicles – will soon be operating 20 Stralis NP trucks for the fresh food logistics and distribution in the Berlin area.
Meyer Logistik is also co-ordinating the construction of a public LNG filling station on the east side of the Berliner Ring orbital motorway.
The Federal Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure (BMVI) encouraged the purchase of the LNG truck fleet with 360 000 euros, thereby allowing the construction of the LNG refuelling station. Rainer Bomba, State Secretary at the Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure, said at the handover: “LNG is a promising alternative to conventional fuel. Funded by the BMVI pilot project with Meyer Logistics, this deal is an important contribution in the field of new and clean drives for heavy trucks and LNG as a fuel source in Germany.”
Pierre Lahutte, Iveco Brand President, says he is delighted that the door to more sustainable logistics is now open in Germany: “Iveco is a leading technology developer in the natural gas sector. Our customers in Spain, Italy, the UK and the Netherlands are demonstrating that LNG is an equally reliable and efficient technology that has far less of an environmental impact than other fuels. The Stralis NP not only produces cleaner emissions, but is also extremely quiet. This makes the vehicle suitable for urban use and calms residents’ concerns about noise”.
Meyer Logistik MD Matthias Strehl sees the use of alternative drives as an important building block in ensuring future business success. “Working as a development partner in the commercial vehicle industry, we regularly subject innovative drive concepts to practical tests, with the aim of finding a real alternative to diesel-powered trucks together with our partners.”
- Isuzu Supports Drought Relief in Makhanda
- Shedding Weight on Refrigerated Trailers
- SHELLY BEACH WINS HINO DOTY FOR SECOND YEAR
- 2018/2019 CILTSA Candidacy Programme for Women
- Bidvest Panalpina Logistics scoops prestigious PMR Diamond award
- BPW running gear computer with integrated weighing system
- Truck & Bus Magazine – Your February Issue
- Engen celebrates women truck drivers
- Goodyear & Local Motors Join Forces on Autonomous Shuttles
- Barloworld announces new Group structure