Minister in the Presidency for Planning Monitoring and Evaluation, Jeff Radebe, said Cabinet had ratified the decision to designate the Maluti-A-Phofung Industrial Development Zone (MAP IDZ) at Tshiame, near Harrismith in the Free State.
Cabinet also approved the granting of an operator permit for the zone to the Free State Development Corporation.
“The MAP IDZ designation will establish a logistics-orientated platform – or logistics Hub – 10km outside of Harrismith,” said the Minister.
The focus will be on the automotive, light manufacturing, agro-processing and distribution logistics sectors.
- Dachser South Africa perfects the art of picking and packing
- VWSA employees join hands for hunger relief
- Isuzu Supports Drought Relief in Makhanda
- Customer-centricity hits the tyre industry
- Thomsons Towing built on the back of Tata Trucks
- Truck drivers test new digital vehicle systems in mobile simulator
- WABCO Introduces New Fleet Solutions Business
- Your FREE Issue: Truck & Bus Magazine – June
- Hyva expands EDGE Line
- Peace-of-mind offer from FUSO