Minister in the Presidency for Planning Monitoring and Evaluation, Jeff Radebe, said Cabinet had ratified the decision to designate the Maluti-A-Phofung Industrial Development Zone (MAP IDZ) at Tshiame, near Harrismith in the Free State.
Cabinet also approved the granting of an operator permit for the zone to the Free State Development Corporation.
“The MAP IDZ designation will establish a logistics-orientated platform – or logistics Hub – 10km outside of Harrismith,” said the Minister.
The focus will be on the automotive, light manufacturing, agro-processing and distribution logistics sectors.
- Bringing the automotive aftermarket & truck and bus sectors to southern Africa
- Improvements by the truckload result in record sales for DAF
- Pilot project: Daimler Trucks is teaching trucks how to pay
- Wirtgen scores in Mexico
- Isuzu now has its first 100% black-owned dealership in South Africa
- Isuzu employees celebrate Women’s Day with Annah Watkinson
- Alexander Dennis Enviro400ER gives Electric Range with new hybrid option
- Daewoo trucks meet Gay Transport values
- Innovation keeps Serco on a roll!
- Dachser in Africa