Minister in the Presidency for Planning Monitoring and Evaluation, Jeff Radebe, said Cabinet had ratified the decision to designate the Maluti-A-Phofung Industrial Development Zone (MAP IDZ) at Tshiame, near Harrismith in the Free State.
Cabinet also approved the granting of an operator permit for the zone to the Free State Development Corporation.
“The MAP IDZ designation will establish a logistics-orientated platform – or logistics Hub – 10km outside of Harrismith,” said the Minister.
The focus will be on the automotive, light manufacturing, agro-processing and distribution logistics sectors.
- Beating the Costs
- 90 MAN Lion’s City buses for Tbilisi
- CUMMINS ANNOUNCES POWER GENERATION LEADER FOR SOUTHERN AFRICA
- TATA PROVES ITS WORTH
- Mobile Bank
- TRUCKING INDUSTRY FIRING ON ALL CYCLINDERS
- Three Dakar Rallies with no grease
- CCBSA launches new smart trucks to promote road safety
- Built with South African pride
- SPAR expands contract with MiX Telematics in Southern Africa