Minister in the Presidency for Planning Monitoring and Evaluation, Jeff Radebe, said Cabinet had ratified the decision to designate the Maluti-A-Phofung Industrial Development Zone (MAP IDZ) at Tshiame, near Harrismith in the Free State.
Cabinet also approved the granting of an operator permit for the zone to the Free State Development Corporation.
“The MAP IDZ designation will establish a logistics-orientated platform – or logistics Hub – 10km outside of Harrismith,” said the Minister.
The focus will be on the automotive, light manufacturing, agro-processing and distribution logistics sectors.
- New Actros: Sideguard Assist and MirrorCam provide for greater safety
- Electrically retrofitted lorry for municipal waste management
- New Volvo FH with I-Save cuts fuel costs by up to 7%
- Trendsetting touring coaches: safety and innovative services
- Scania pioneers full length autonomous buses in Sweden
- Isuzu Supports Drought Relief in Makhanda
- Shedding Weight on Refrigerated Trailers
- SHELLY BEACH WINS HINO DOTY FOR SECOND YEAR
- 2018/2019 CILTSA Candidacy Programme for Women
- Bidvest Panalpina Logistics scoops prestigious PMR Diamond award