HINO Motors Ltd. of Japan managed to increase total sales of its trucks and buses by 1.5% to a record 168 798 units in the 2014/15 financial year to the end of March even though net sales income fell by 0.8% to US$15.5-billion.
Hino sales volume in the Japanese domestic market grew by 5 685 units or 11% to 57 878 units in the period under review, with market share up for the fifth year in succession to a record 30%.
Sales outside Japan slumped by 3 128 units or 2.7% to 110 920 units on the back of stagnant economies in two of Hino’s most important markets, Thailand and Indonesia. However, sales in Africa rose by 8% to 6 840 units in the company’s past financial year.
Hino is looking to grow its total sales volume from 168 798 to 178 400 units in the 2015/16 financial year with a forecast growth of 10% in sales outside Japan going up to 122 000 units, while sales are expected to decline by about 1 500 units in Japan itself.
- New Actros: Sideguard Assist and MirrorCam provide for greater safety
- Electrically retrofitted lorry for municipal waste management
- New Volvo FH with I-Save cuts fuel costs by up to 7%
- Trendsetting touring coaches: safety and innovative services
- Scania pioneers full length autonomous buses in Sweden
- Isuzu Supports Drought Relief in Makhanda
- Shedding Weight on Refrigerated Trailers
- SHELLY BEACH WINS HINO DOTY FOR SECOND YEAR
- 2018/2019 CILTSA Candidacy Programme for Women
- Bidvest Panalpina Logistics scoops prestigious PMR Diamond award