Hino South Africa now offers the choice of single or double rear wheels on its 1322 four-wheel drive model in the 500 Series. This follows requests from operators for this option to suit a variety of off-road applications including forestry, farming, mining, and construction as well as the telecommunications industry.
The new model also gets the benefit of being fitted with a Euro III compliant engine instead of the previous Euro II power unit. The fitment of this common rail fuel injection system to the Hino J08E engine permits the installation of the obligatory speed limiter now required in South Africa. In the case of the Hino 1322 it will limit top speed to 80 km/h.
This four-wheel drive model does not require ABS braking, which is fitted to the other models in the Hino 500 Series range.
The single wheel rear axle, which is now available on this model, improves its off-road handling capabilities and makes for more efficient operation in sandy conditions. The single wheel fitment also has a benefit in terms of improved fuel consumption.
- Truck & Bus Magazine – Our LandLines are Down
- Hydraulic and Automation Warehouse appoints Johannesburg Branch Manager
- CO2 targets ‘excessively aggressive’, say truck manufacturers
- HINO SETS NEW BENCHMARK
- Re-dressing illiteracy within rural areas
- SUNNY CONDITIONS CONTINUE IN COMMERCIAL VEHICLE SECTOR
- WABCO to Support Hyundai in New Medium-Duty Truck Launch in South Korea
- Serco full of good news for the new year
- Dangote Sinotruk expands Nigerian Operation
- LOCAL UD TRUCK DRIVERS PERFORM WELL IN JAPAN