UD Trucks Southern Africa announced the appointment of Gert Swanepoel as the company’s new managing director.
Swanepoel has been with UD Trucks (previously Nissan Diesel) for 27 years and started his career in the company as development engineer in 1989. Apart from some of his most recent roles that specifically focused on sales, Swanepoel also has significant experience in the aftermarket field.
Jacques Michel, senior vice president of Group Trucks Asia and JVs Sales, says, “With his deep knowledge and experience in UD Trucks, we are confident that Gert will be able to further grow and develop the business in southern and eastern African markets.”
UD Trucks Southern Africa is responsible for 18 markets in the region, and has 54 dealers strategically positioned to capture new business and support UD fleet owners with sales, parts and service.
UD Trucks has been present in South Africa since 1962 and its KD-assembly plant and head office is situated in Rosslyn, Gauteng, with a staff complement of around 200.
- Ctrack launches ultra compact tracking devices
- Team PETRONAS De Rooy IVECO wins Stage 6 of Dakar Rally 2019
- Airbus transport with a Mercedes-Benz Actros 4163 SLT
- HINO AUTOMATICS IMPRESS BEVERAGE FLEET OPERATOR
- IVECO trucks cross Brazil to bring festive joy
- Sumitomo Rubber South Africa clinches four Awards
- Where are they now? Can you help?
- Scale matters to competitive advantage