UD Trucks Southern Africa announced the appointment of Gert Swanepoel as the company’s new managing director.
Swanepoel has been with UD Trucks (previously Nissan Diesel) for 27 years and started his career in the company as development engineer in 1989. Apart from some of his most recent roles that specifically focused on sales, Swanepoel also has significant experience in the aftermarket field.
Jacques Michel, senior vice president of Group Trucks Asia and JVs Sales, says, “With his deep knowledge and experience in UD Trucks, we are confident that Gert will be able to further grow and develop the business in southern and eastern African markets.”
UD Trucks Southern Africa is responsible for 18 markets in the region, and has 54 dealers strategically positioned to capture new business and support UD fleet owners with sales, parts and service.
UD Trucks has been present in South Africa since 1962 and its KD-assembly plant and head office is situated in Rosslyn, Gauteng, with a staff complement of around 200.
- New Actros: Sideguard Assist and MirrorCam provide for greater safety
- Electrically retrofitted lorry for municipal waste management
- New Volvo FH with I-Save cuts fuel costs by up to 7%
- Trendsetting touring coaches: safety and innovative services
- Scania pioneers full length autonomous buses in Sweden
- Isuzu Supports Drought Relief in Makhanda
- Shedding Weight on Refrigerated Trailers
- SHELLY BEACH WINS HINO DOTY FOR SECOND YEAR
- 2018/2019 CILTSA Candidacy Programme for Women
- Bidvest Panalpina Logistics scoops prestigious PMR Diamond award