Mercedes-Benz Vans has recorded a significant increase in sales in the first half of 2017. With deliveries of 190 200 vehicles in all, the Vans division of Daimler surpassed the previous record set last year by eight percent (previous year 176 200).
This means the business unit has now been growing for five years in a row. All model series contributed to the latest sales record and set new highs: Sales of the large Sprinter van increased to about 96 200 units (previous year 95 100, +1%), the mid-size Vito van gained 14 percent to come to 52 500 units (previous year 46 000), the V-Class multi-purpose vehicle (MPV) recorded an increase in sales by 24 percent to about 29 000 units (previous year 23 300), and sales of the small Citan van improved by five percent to 12 500 units (previous year 11 900).
Mercedes-Benz Vans also projects a significant increase in sales for 2017 as a whole. As part of the “Mercedes-Benz Vans goes global” business unit strategy, the division last year launched the V-Class and the Vito in China, the world’s largest automotive market. Mercedes-Benz Vans will enter the European segment of mid-size pickups with the X-Class at year end.
- Super Group CEO named All Africa Business Leader of the Year
- Team De Rooy & Goodyear truck tyres take Dakar Glory
- TATA ON THE UP
- WABCO Signs Global Long-Term Agreement with Daimler
- Team PETRONAS De Rooy IVECO win Stage 7 of Dakar
- Ctrack launches ultra compact tracking devices
- Team PETRONAS De Rooy IVECO wins Stage 6 of Dakar Rally 2019
- Airbus transport with a Mercedes-Benz Actros 4163 SLT
- HINO AUTOMATICS IMPRESS BEVERAGE FLEET OPERATOR
- IVECO trucks cross Brazil to bring festive joy