WITH OCTOBER set aside as Transport month, the upcoming Responsible Care® Transportation of Dangerous Goods seminar, organised by the Chemical & Allied Industries’ Association (CAIA), is timely. CAIA encourages its members, allied industries, students and academics in the transportation and logistics areas to attend the seminar – in Johannesburg on 22 September and in Durban on 29 September 2015.
The seminar will assist the chemical and other allied industries to be aware of significant changes in revised legislation, SANS codes and the challenges experienced when transporting dangerous goods within Africa. Additionally, it will also aim to provide insight into dangerous goods compatibility and special provisions, such as loads.
Featured speakers include dangerous goods and legal specialists, Keith McMurray of Keith McMurray & Associates, Janette Botha of Latamus Legal Consultants and James Buys of Sasol.
Responsible Care® supports the safe transportation of dangerous goods, no matter what mode of transport or what route is taken. Continuous efforts to improve safety during transportation and the associated handling of chemicals are part of the overall objective of both the chemical and transport industry, in accordance with the guiding principles of Responsible Care®.
CAIA launched the Responsible Care® programme in South Africa in 1994. This is the global chemical industry’s unique initiative to improve health, safety and environmental performance and to communicate with stakeholders about products and processes.
CAIA is a member of the International Council of Chemical Associations (ICCA), the worldwide voice of the chemical industry, representing chemical manufacturers and producers all over the world and is recognised by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP). These international alliances allow the Association to source best practice in training, information, advocacy and legislative compliance.
To reserve a place, email email@example.com or call +27 (0) 11 482-1671.
- New Actros: Sideguard Assist and MirrorCam provide for greater safety
- Electrically retrofitted lorry for municipal waste management
- New Volvo FH with I-Save cuts fuel costs by up to 7%
- Trendsetting touring coaches: safety and innovative services
- Scania pioneers full length autonomous buses in Sweden
- Isuzu Supports Drought Relief in Makhanda
- Shedding Weight on Refrigerated Trailers
- SHELLY BEACH WINS HINO DOTY FOR SECOND YEAR
- 2018/2019 CILTSA Candidacy Programme for Women
- Bidvest Panalpina Logistics scoops prestigious PMR Diamond award