Cummins will be showcasing its C8D5S generator, a 6BTA5.9G2 diesel engine and a GTEC Transfer Switch at Electra Mining in Gaborone, Botswana, from 12 to 14 September.
Electra Mining is the annual forum where industry professionals gather to acquire ideas on developing sustainable, clean and bankable world class solutions for the mining, industrial and power generation industries. Leading edge mining technology, machinery, equipment and supplies, together with industrial engineering and manufacturing, electrical engineering, materials handling, safety, health and environment exhibits will be on show in support of projects on the continent.
Cummins Southern Africa MD Thierry Pimi (pictured) says, “Electra Mining is an important exhibition for us, as Botswana is a key market in the mining industry. We supply generators, engines, parts and services to the mines and the exhibition provides a platform for us to get closer to our customers.”
As a leader in mining and power generation, Cummins products are designed and engineered to offer exceptional fuel efficiency and operate best under tough conditions and extreme temperatures. Enjoying a strong history of emission leadership has enabled the company to develop its own emission solutions which are packaged in accordance with regulations and requirements.
The company has 90 years of experience in power generation and is a world leader in the design and manufacture of generator sets and innovative energy solutions, ranging from 17 kVA to 3750 kVA, and produces its own components, from engines, alternators, transfer switches to control systems. Leading the industry in advanced emissions solutions, the company ensures that generator sets meet the required emission standards.
Pimi concludes, “Innovation is part of our DNA. Our commitment to our customers is to provide them with innovative solutions that exceed their expectations, through world class professionalism and exceptional service.”
Cummins Southern Africa is headquartered in Johannesburg, with branches in Longmeadow, Bloemfontein, Cape Town, Durban and Port Elizabeth; as well as Botswana, Zambia, Mozambique and Zimbabwe. The company has a wide range of dealer networks in support of its widespread Southern African footprint.
- Year-End Truck, Trailer and Yellow Metal Auction Announced
- CILTSA Launches Fully-funded Professional Training Programme for Women in Transport and Logistics
- dti introduces the Strategic Partnership Programme at Coega
- SOUTH AFRICAN WINS INTERNATIONAL TRUCK DRIVER COMPETITION
- Tata Motors Global Service Camp to cover over 25,000 customers in over 40 countries
- Daimler Trucks & Buses Southern Africa unveils world-class SelecTrucks Zimbabwe
- DAF Opens State of the Art New Cab Paint Facility in Westerlo
- WABCO Showcases Differentiating Safety and Efficiency Technologies at Agritechnica 2017
- Mercedes-Benz do Brasil exports more than 300 buses to Ecuador
- Coega a Pioneer in the Black Industrialist Programme