Amasondo Fleet Services, a division of Eqstra Fleet Management and Logistics, has delivered four rapid intervention vehicles (RIVs) and eight Skid vehicles to the Sekhukhune District Municipality to enhance the municipality’s fire-fighting capabilities.
The three-year contract will be managed by Amasondo, the contract manager for specialised vehicles for the Sekhukhune District Municipality. Amasondo partnered with firefighting technology specialist Marcé on the project.
The custom-built units use Toyota Land Cruiser chassis, chosen for their rugged durability and excellent off road capabilities.
The highly manoeuvrable RIVs are designed to allow fire fighters to respond rapidly to accidents, vehicle fires, informal settlement fires and other incidents in an urban environment. They are equipped with ultra-high pressure pumps with foam capabilities together with two 50 m hose reels.
Other features include: large storage locker for equipment; TNT hydraulic rescue tools; replacement bumper with winch; roof storage for basket stretcher, ladder etc; emergency light and siren; rope rescue capability; and medical response capability.
The eight skid units are custom designed for veld and brush fires. Equipment on the vehicles includes a 600 litre ultra high pressure pump with foam capabilities together with axes, grass beaters, knapsack tanks, rake hoes and so on.
Sekhukhune executive mayor Stan Ramaila says the district had not had any firefighting capability for the past two decades. “Many of our people never imagined that democracy will bring benefits such as firefighting and disaster management services within their own localities. This represents a major milestone in terms of our service delivery agenda.”
- Trendsetting touring coaches: safety and innovative services
- Scania pioneers full length autonomous buses in Sweden
- Isuzu Supports Drought Relief in Makhanda
- Shedding Weight on Refrigerated Trailers
- SHELLY BEACH WINS HINO DOTY FOR SECOND YEAR
- 2018/2019 CILTSA Candidacy Programme for Women
- Bidvest Panalpina Logistics scoops prestigious PMR Diamond award
- BPW running gear computer with integrated weighing system
- Truck & Bus Magazine – Your February Issue
- Engen celebrates women truck drivers