WHILE no-one would probably admit it, all adults secretly remain children at heart and there is no better way to live out that inner-child than getting bogged down in a challenging bout of LEGO-play. LEGO, working together with Mercedes-Benz Trucks, taps into this love for toy construction by following up its Unimog with a further Mercedes-Benz model.
“When we looked at all the new products that Mercedes-Benz Trucks had launched, going back to 2011, there was one particular vehicle that stood out as a potential subject for a further collaborative project: the new Arocs 3245 tipper,” according to Michael Dietz, Head of Marketing for Mercedes-Benz Trucks.
With a total of 2 793 separate parts, battery-operated power functions that allow electronic control of the LEGO model and various pneumatic components, the construction-site vehicle is one of the most complex models in the LEGO Technic range. So be careful, it might even pose a challenge for the most seasoned truckers who remain young at heart.
In order to ensure that the LEGO developers did justice to the actual Mercedes-Benz Arocs with their model, LEGO Senior Manager Niels Henrik Horsted and his team visited the Mercedes-Benz Trucks manufacturing facility at Wörth beforehand to see the production line for themselves.
“The Arocs is a perfect match for LEGO Technic,” confirmed Horsted. For the developers, authenticity, functionality and the skill needed to build the model were paramount. Meticulous attention was also paid to characteristic details of the Mercedes-Benz Arocs.
The model is 31cm high, 14cm wide and 54cm long and incorporates many of the key features of the real-life Mercedes-Benz Arocs 3245 tipper. The bucket-tooth design of the radiator grille, the handrail, the steps, and many other features all add up to give the Arocs its unmistakable look.
The LEGO Technic Mercedes-Benz Arocs 3245 tipper is available at retailers and from selected Mercedes-Benz dealerships.
- New Actros: Sideguard Assist and MirrorCam provide for greater safety
- Electrically retrofitted lorry for municipal waste management
- New Volvo FH with I-Save cuts fuel costs by up to 7%
- Trendsetting touring coaches: safety and innovative services
- Scania pioneers full length autonomous buses in Sweden
- Isuzu Supports Drought Relief in Makhanda
- Shedding Weight on Refrigerated Trailers
- SHELLY BEACH WINS HINO DOTY FOR SECOND YEAR
- 2018/2019 CILTSA Candidacy Programme for Women
- Bidvest Panalpina Logistics scoops prestigious PMR Diamond award