ISUZU Trucks South Africa (ITSA) celebrated a major milestone when the 30 000th Isuzu truck rolled off the production line at General Motors South Africa’s (GMSA) Kempston Road plant.
This milestone was achieved during an eight year period of production under ITSA, after a joint venture for truck manufacturing was formed between Isuzu Motors Limited of Japan and GMSA. The consolidated company was then named Isuzu Trucks South Africa.
According to Marchand Mc Donald, Isuzu Truck Plant Manager, this facility builds 47 different model derivatives, varying from 1.5 to 40 ton carrying capacity.
“On the drivetrain side we use four engine types and three different transmission types. A manual transmission, Auto-Manual-Transmission (AMT) as well as fully automatic transmission.
“The other interesting fact is that we build rear wheel drive trucks and all-wheel drive trucks, like a 4×4. In addition, we build the traditional single cab configuration, as well as crew cabs” said Mc Donald.
- Team De Rooy & Goodyear truck tyres take Dakar Glory
- TATA ON THE UP
- WABCO Signs Global Long-Term Agreement with Daimler
- Team PETRONAS De Rooy IVECO win Stage 7 of Dakar
- Ctrack launches ultra compact tracking devices
- Team PETRONAS De Rooy IVECO wins Stage 6 of Dakar Rally 2019
- Airbus transport with a Mercedes-Benz Actros 4163 SLT
- HINO AUTOMATICS IMPRESS BEVERAGE FLEET OPERATOR
- IVECO trucks cross Brazil to bring festive joy
- Sumitomo Rubber South Africa clinches four Awards